Sunday 2 October 2011

Beetroot Brownies!

With my veggie box I have been trying out some new recipes.  We had fennel and lemon risotto the other day and while Leo was emptying out our recycling box and whole packet of baby wipes on the floor (!) I tried to make some beetroot brownies. 
Near the beginning I thought that they were not going to work and that it was going to be a waste of chocolate (2 bars!!).

However the mixture got more velvety and they turned out well

Perfect with a cuppa!

I wouldn't be in a huge rush to make them again though as I did have a sink full of pink dishes to wash!



4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!Pink everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what did they taste like? Could you taste the beetroot? I may have to try these they look good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments girls! Forgot to say that they taste really good- lovely and moist with just a hint of an earthy flavour! Recipe was from the good food website. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very adventurous wonder what the next veggie box will bring? !!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!