Thursday 26 May 2011

Yummiest Gingerbread Ever!

At my cookery class on Tuesday we made the most lovely Gingerbread.  We each got a piece to take home but I knew that I had to make my own one at home and share the recipe.

Here it is! My mum and I had some with a cup of tea and it was so yummy!


Recipe is for a 2lb loaf tin. Preheat oven to Gas 4.
50g treacle
50g syrup
100g butter
100g brown sugar
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 egg
1/4 pint milk

Melt treacle, syrup, butter and sugar.
Mix milk and egg together
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and add in the wet to make a batter like mixture. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1hr. You could put icing on top too....mmm.

4 comments:

  1. Best Ever Gingerbread !!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe,it looks yummy, but, what do you mean by syrup? What kind?(I live in Greece, and we don't use it)
    I would really like to try out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's golden syrup, made by tate and lyle...don't know if you'd be able to get hold of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kate! I'll check in a big supermarket in the city!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!